Idea Napkin No. 1

 Idea Napkin No. 1

by Josh Korthuis

You.

My name is Josh Korthuis and I am a Business Major at the University of Florida. I am a very talented basketball player because I have played 2 years of college basketball before attending here. This experience helped me attain skills such as teamwork, leadership, and the ability to work effectively in high stress environments. My aspirations for this business, or any business I am a part of, is to have a successful product that not only is profitable but also fulfills all the needs of my target markets to build brand loyalty with them for the future. 

What are you offering to customers?

The product I have created is a Customizable Toilet Seat that can easily be installed by customers in any home. It will have many great features such as cushioned seating, a heating and cooling feature, an Aux cord, and phone charging station. It will also be able to have any image you want on the lid and seat itself. Consumers can also make requests on the customization of the toilet for features not currently offered and we can have it custom made to fit the seat. 
 
Who are you offering it to?

The typical customer who would buy a product like this would be 13 years old and up and could come from any demographic background since every person in america uses the bathroom. The customers who would buy this would have enough discretionary income to buy something like this and want a better bathroom experience. 

Why do they care? 

Customers will care about this product because the bathroom is a huge part of daily life and this upgrade of a better seat would be a great improvement to their bathroom experience. They will be willing to spend there money when the see the product and realize that is something that would greatly benefit them for years to come. 

What are your core competencies? 

I believe what sets me apart from the competition is the lack of competition. There is no product on the market currently like this and I believe it would be a hit if it came to market. 

The elements I have presented above definitely fit together because the target market is reachable with the product I am advertising to sell. The weaker aspects of this business would be that it is not an essential thing to the typical house but would just simply be an upgrade. The product would be something that people are interested in spending their extra money on so I am not worried about sales but more creating the product itself. 









Comments

  1. Hey there Josh,
    I love this idea that you have. I'm from New Jersey, so in the winters the toilet seat can get pretty cold during the night, so the heating feature sounds appealing, and I'm sure that many people from cold regions would love that feature. I had never thought about it until this product, but I am surprised there haven't been any significant changes to toilet seats already. Because of this, I believe that there is a huge market for your product and would spark a lot of interest! Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment