Idea Napkin No. 2

Idea Napkin No. 2

by Josh Korthuis


1) You.
My name is Josh Korthuis. I have many talents including including basketball and grabbing things off the top shelf, but my talents related to entrepreneurship pertain to my ability to communicate my ideas well and relate my products to people's needs. I am experienced in this because I am very outgoing and love talking to and meeting new people. My aspirations in the business world are to create or work for a company that has a product i am passionate about and can help succeed in the market. I see myself making decisions on how the product is marketed and what features we are pushing to the consumers. 

2) What are you offering to customers? 
I am offering customers a Customizable toilet seat that will be the best bathroom investment of their lifetime. The modern day toilet seat has no creativity so I will solve customers needs of comfort and temperature issues, along with aesthetics through the product I have designed. My product will have a padded seat with heating and cooling settings to meet customers needs and will have the ability to have a custom image to be put on the lid to match the design of their bathroom. 

3) Who are you offering it to?
I believe this product meets a huge demographic of people because everyone uses the restroom, but my target market would be people between the ages of 18-75 because they will have the extra money and desire for this type of a product. I think all the customers will have in common that they want a better bathroom experience and see the need for the product. 

4) Why do they care?
Customers will pay money for this product because it is very unique to the market and they will realize what they have been missing out on the second they see it. People spend a lot of time in the bathroom during the day and it is something that has not seen much innovation so this will make them feel higher class for owning a product like this so they can show it off to their friends.

5) What are your core competencies?
What sets me apart from other toilet seats is the innovation brought into the market by my product. The world will have never seen something with all the bells and whistles this product has and will be amazed with the experience if they try it themselves. It could end up being one of the seven wonders of the world if we get lucky!

I believe all the elements I have listed above fit together perfectly. I think with my communication skills and ability to share my ideas effectively I could be the perfect person to bring a product like this to market. A toilet seat is not something most people would want to talk about publicly, much less sell, so I think I would be comfortable talking about this subject with customers and making it as least awkward as possible. I would also be able to explain the product in great depth so that they understood all the features fully. 

The feedback I received was mostly positive but I did see a comment that said if I were to find my niche with this product it could be very successful. I think this would be a great thing to find maybe at an event like comic con because people there are looking to spend there money on non essentials and we could design the product to meet their needs. 


Comments

  1. Hey Josh,
    I do believe as well that your skills and passions would blend together well to successfully sell this product. As you said, many people can feel awkward talking about their bathroom and toilet needs, but yet it is something that is used everyday. By using your talking and people skills, people would become much more comfortable discussing this, and thus buying the product as well. Because of this, I believe if you market this correctly it would become a big success. I also believe you are spot on with the target niche as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Josh,

    Your idea is still one of the most extraordinary opportunities that I have seen in this class. I believe that you did a great job adjusting your napkin idea to the feedback that you received. It is good that you wish to make your product a more comfortable thing to talk about because the "talk of toilets" is rarely heard of. By making it a less awkward experience more people will be interested in your product. The skills that you discussed such as being outgoing and your passion to succeeded will help you in your journey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment