Your Venture’s Unfair Advantage

Your Venture’s Unfair Advantage

By Josh Korthuis


Resources:

1. Strategic- I always try and find the best an most efficient way to do things

Valuable- Yes
Rare- Yes
Inimitable- Yes, but no one will ever think exactly like me
Non-substitutable- No, it can't be substituted 

2.Analytical- I always try to see the situation from all angles

Valuable- Yes
Rare- Yes
Inimitable- Yes, other people are analytical
Non- substitutable- No 

3. Relatable- People can understand me as a person and through that can trust me

Valuable- Yes
Rare- Yes
Inimitable- Yes, maybe people gain trust
Non- substitutable- No

4. Business minded- I understand the art of business

Valuable- Yes
Rare- No, a lot of people understand business
Inimitable- Yes
Non- substitutable- No

5. Teamwork experience- I have worked in many teams including playing 2 years of college basketball

Valuable- Yes
Rare- No, everyone works in teams
Inimitable- Yes
Non- substitutable- No

6. Financial Connections- I know many business owners who could help me starting out

Valuable- Yes
Rare- No
Inimitable- Yes
Non- substitutable- Yes, I could find other people to help me

7. Tall- Not only can I reach the top shelf but people are drawn to me for my height which could be used in marketing

Valuable- Yes
Rare- Yes
Inimitable- No
Non- substitutable- No

8. Humor- I feel like I can be funny sometimes and this could be used in marketing for my product and connecting with potential buyers

Valuable- Yes
Rare- No
Inimitable- No
Non- substitutable- Yes

9. Hard working- I know what it is to work hard towards a goal and have completed these goals many times in the past

Valuable- Yes
Rare- Yes
Inimitable- Yes
Non- substitutable- No

10. Adapted to working in high stress environments- I have worked in high stress environments many times in the past and always found success

Valuable- Yes
Rare- Yes
Inimitable- Yes
Non- substitutable- No

My most important resource must be my analytical thinking because it helps me see a situation from all angles before making decisions which could help me in the business filed when making financial decisions that could greatly affect the company. I try to envisions all outcomes from actions taken and take the best route for all parties involved. 

Comments

  1. Hey Josh,

    I think that you touched on a lot of great resources that you have or have access to. A couple that I think will be most beneficial are your ability to adapt to high stress environments, your analytic skills and your business mind. Having prior experience as well as having a natural intuition for business will be incredibly helpful for you down the road. Try to exploit your most valuable resources in order to get the mot success out of each.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Josh,
    I think you have a lot of essential talents and resources that will be helpful to your product and your business. I think that you ability to succeed in high stress situations and your work ethic are essential to your business and its success. Overall, you bring unique and helpful talents to the table, which will be important for the success and marketability of your product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Josh,
    It seems that you have a lot of great resources, and all of them would be very beneficial to the entrepreneurship process. The ones that I find very unique and helpful would be the humor and that you were on a college basketball team. Both are great helps with your people skills, which is such a necessity in the busines world. Overall great work on this and noticing the resources that would make your company a success.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment